The Liebster award is given to an up and coming blogger who has less than 200 followers.
1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator sets for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Nominate blogs that you love (also with less than 200 followers) & Link them to your post and let them know they have been nominated
This sexy lady nominated me!!
Meet Ashley from Oh Me! Isn't she gorgeous?? Ashley was the very first blogger that I made a real-life connection with. We started emailing back and forth and then eventually it morphed to texting. She lives in Kentucky, so unfortunately we haven't met yet, but I hope that will be possible someday. She and her handsome hubby are expecting their first baby this summer and I am so excited for them!! Boy or girl, that kid is going to be decked out in Kentucky blue from day one! Go Cats!
Alright, let's get down to business, shall we?
11 Random Facts
- I talk to myself a lot. Out loud. Mostly when I am really excited about something.
- I only shave once a week. You read that correctly, once a week. No matter the season. My hair is really fine and blonde, so you can't really tell when it's been a few days. In the summer it shimmers in the sunlight and I look like a Twilight vampire. Saturdays are typically shaving days.
- I'm one of those people that knows the words to basically every song. I had a boot camp instructor that would just laugh at me because I would be singing to every song during our workouts, no matter what genre was playing.
- I wear retainers at night. Every.Single.Night. I didn't suffer a second round of braces in my adult years for nothing. I'm gonna keep these puppies as straight as I can for as long as possible.
- I'm not really an animal person. I grew up with dogs and cats, but none of them were ever really "mine". I had a cat for a year or two, but I moved in with a friend that had a baby and I was worried the cat might hurt the baby (the cat was a b-i-t-c-h) so I gave her to my grandma. She still has her.
- I have texture issues with food. Eggs, jello, sushi rolls without something crunchy in it, etc. all make me gaggy. I can get through so many bites of scrambled eggs and then all of the sudden it's like someone turned my gag reflex on high. That's when I give the rest to JB.
- I have a hard time eating foods that aren't categorized in that specific meal time; breakfast for dinner, lunch for breakfast, etc. My husband can eat whatever, whenever and thinks I'm weird because I don't like to switch it up every once in a while. To him, food is food.
- I love "me" time, but never really get it anymore. JB is home all.the.time. and usually before I get there, so I never have time to decompress when I get home. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have married him if I didn't like spending so much time with him, but I cherich his monthly guy nights because I come home to a quiet house and do/watch whatever I want.
- I can sleep FOREVER. I can go to bed at 11pm and sleep until 10am. If I don't have an external force waking me up, I will waste half the day in bed. I don't think it's normal.
- I would love to be a housewife, but it's hard to justify without the kids. Nothing makes me happier than a clean house, a great workout, and trying new recipes. I needs more time to devote to those things and the only way that's going to happen is if I stop working....
- I want to plan another wedding, like, right now. Most of my friends hated the wedding planning process. I thought it was so much fun! I love details and budgeting and seeing the vision come together.
Now, onto Ashley's questions for me!
1) What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to?
I think this depends a lot on who you travel with. I have been so many places with some great people, but I think my favorite place has to be Rome. I loved the history there and the food was amazing!!
2) Where do you most want to travel to?
Well, right now all I can think about is Greece, but I would love to visit the French Riviera someday. Also the Virgin Islands.
3) What TV show do you never miss?
Take your pick! Right now I am on a major Happy Endings kick, but I have seen every episode of Grey's Anatomy and am re-watching One Tree Hill from the beginning. I'm currently through season 3.
4) What is your favorite food?
Mexican food is by far my favorite. Tacos, burritos, nachos, chimichangas, flautas, you name it. I don't eat it too often since it's not the most healthy, but it's definitely my favorite.
5) Is there anything that you DO NOT leave the house without?
My phone, duh. And now my iPad mini.
6) Who is someone you can always count on?
I can MOSTLY count on my husband. But I can ALWAYS count on myself :)
7) Do you have any New Years Resolutions?
I never really make resolutions because I feel like if you want to make a change, you shouldn't wait for a new year to do it. And making a resolution can just be a way to set yourself up to fail and disappoint yourself. I will just always try to be a better me than I was yesterday and realize that I'm human and I make mistakes. Live it, learn from it, and move forward.
8) Do you paint your fingernails? If so, what is your favorite color?
I rarely get mani/pedis but my go to color is almost always PINK!
9) What is your favorite holiday?
I think I have to go with 4th of July on this one. I love the summer and being by the water (pool/lake/ocean) and BBQing, so I love the 4th. It's also the only holiday that I don't have more than one obligation to tend to.
10) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to keep family and friends that are not on FB updated on my life and to also have a place to look back on my different life stages and memories.
11) What is your favorite childhood memory?
Summer vacations were always my favorite. I got to spend time at my grandparents or aunt's house with my cousins. I also got to spend more than just a weekend at my dad's house.
And now for my 11 questions for the nominees...
1. What is your day job?
2. Have you ever met up with any other bloggers? If so, how was it?
3. How many countries have you been to?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What is your biggest fear?
6. Are you an electronic calendar or an old school hard planner type of person?
7. Favorite thing to do to waste time?
8. Who was the first person you loved?
9. You're having a burger for dinner - what's on it?
10. Are you a Rule follower or a rule breaker?
11. Where is your favorite place in the world?
11. Where is your favorite place in the world?
And the nominees are...
Katie - Will Work 4 Baby
Ashley - A Mess of Beautiful Chaos
Kristin - My Mission Impossible
Monica - The Painted Pisces